Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dog Days of Summer - Victorian Dog Locket - Spinner Fob


This antique Victorian era locket - spinner fob is magnificent! It has two dogs, Spaniels or perhaps Labradors, standing face to face at the top. It is an extremely large piece and very heavy! I have not tested the locket as to metal content, but it has a gold tone. On one side is a beautiful agate and the flip side is bloodstone. It dates to the 1850s - 1860s. The Civil War Era.



Look at the amazing detail in the dogs!



You can see in this photo how the locket part flips. The locket is very deep and would have easily held a tintype or daguerreotype photo.

Here is a view of the front and back. The edges are beautiful!



You can see here that it opens on both sides.

This is a view of the inside of the locket.



Look how massive this locket fob is! Just a beauty! I have been wanting to share this piece with you for sometime now. I hope that you have enjoyed seeing it. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Happy Collecting!

To see more antique and vintage jewelry, please stop by my shop.



2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Have you sold this one already or plan to sell it? I just bought a similar piece but it's silver and I much prefer these gorgeous gold colors! Wonderful piece!!! :) - Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    Hi! Thank you! I do plan on selling this beauty, but have not listed it yet. Hopefully I will be listing it during the holidays. If you are interested in it, please feel free to contact me through my Etsy shop. :)

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/WickedDarling

    Thanks so much!
    Pam :)

    ReplyDelete