Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

My Daddy As "Uncle Bunky" On His 1950's Kid's Show

Happy Father's Day to my Daddy! Does this post relate to antique jewelry? Well yes...in a round about way it does. You see...when I was a little girl...I loved jewelry! My Daddy worked at a television station. He had a live Kid's show every weekday. He would interview local kids and draw for them. Occasionally my sister and I would be on the show with him...but I think that we both preferred seeing him at home...at lunch everyday...supper time...and on weekends! The weekends is where the jewelry comes in. I would beg for a "real"ring! He would take me down to the jewelry store and buy me a birthstone ring. I would say..."Daddy, is this a real ring?" His reply would always be the same..."Well...you are wearing it!" Not just once...but every time that I would "misplace" my ring. We would make a trip to the jewelry store. There is no telling how many rings are buried in that backyard now! Lost while making mud pies with my sister! :) But I am sure that this is where my craving for jewelry began.


Fishing With Daddy In Biloxi

My Daddy, My Sister And Me On A "Treasure Hunt"...
An Adventure That My Sister Will Never Forget...A Stray Dog Bit Her! Yes!!! I Think She Had To Get Those Awful Rabies Shots!....But We Had Fun! :)

Daddy Teaching Me Bad Habits Early In Life!

Daddy With His Daddy "PawPaw"...
PawPaw...My Grandfather...Started My Love For Anything That Came From A Bakery!


Daddy Fishing With Mama's Daddy "Daddy Burgess"


Daddy Burgess...My Grandfather...A Good Man! I Love this Photo!
He Is The One On The Right.
He Would Take My Sister And Me Fishing...He Had The Sweetest Smile And Laugh!


My Mamma And Daddy Today!
I Love You Both! Wish I Could Be There To Give Y'all A Hug!

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment