Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Flower Girl - Art Nouveau Charm


Since June is such a popular month for weddings, I thought I would share this Art Nouveau flower girl charm with you. Actually...she would be a poppy girl. The image of the poppy was used frequently during the Art Nouveau era. This sweet flower girl dates to around 1890. She sure doesn't look her age!



It was quite hard to capture the true color and detail in this charm. The flower has a green cast and her hair is very golden.



Her face is so expressive. Especially her eyes!



Her face reminds me very much of a classical Roman statue.



This is the back side of the charm....obviously! :)


Her gaze seems to change each time I look at her. She is just beautiful! I hope that you have enjoyed seeing her. Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Collecting!


For more antique and vintage jewelry, stop by my shop.

Wicked Darling





No comments:

Post a Comment