Monday, May 14, 2012

Old Time Religion...Antique and Vintage Cross Jewelry

Small 1870s Victorian Mother of Pearl Cross Pendant Brooch

Over the years, I have owned many beautiful antique and vintage crosses. Cross pendants, cross earrings, cross bracelets, cross brooches. For centuries, men and women alike, have been wearing crosses as an outward symbol of their beliefs. That being said, I know many people wear crosses simply because they often make a beautiful decorative accessory to add to almost any outfit. Personally...it is both reasons for me. So I thought I would share just a few pieces of antique and vintage cross jewelry that I have in my shop, as well as pieces from my personal collection.

Back a view of the Victorian Mother of Pearl Cross
This beautiful antique Victorian mother of pearl cross, can be worn as a pendant or a brooch. It is small...so it makes a great accessory.

C1860s Antique Victorian Etruscan Revival Cross
This cross is from my personal collection...although I may list it in the future. It dates to the mid 1860s to early 1870s. The granular work on this cross is exquisite! It is all about the details here.

Straight on view of the Victorian cross
You can really see the details here. The applied gold wire and gold flowers...just beautiful!


Huge C1900 Art Nouveau Cross Pendant
This antique Art Nouveau cross is stunning! It is huge and will certainly make a statement when worn!

Close up view to show details.


Vintage 1970s Opal Cross
This is another vintage cross from my personal collection. It dates to the 1970s. Genuine opals. Very much in the style of a Krementz piece. It is hallmarked, but I cannot make out the mark. I will be testing the metal for gold content, but must be very careful...as not to damage the opals.

Straight on look at the opal cross.



Small Vintage 1930s Gold Filled Cross Pendant with Seed Pearls
And finally...this very small and dainty vintage 1930s cross. It is gold filled and has tiny little seed pearls.

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing these antique and vintage crosses. Whether you are religious minded or not...you will, no doubt, find the beauty of these pieces to be timeless. Stop by my shop, Wicked Darling, to see more antique and vintage jewelry.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment