Sunday, March 8, 2015

Strong! Smart! Beautiful! Independent! Amazing!


    
"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."....Coco Chanel 

I've had the privilege of being raised and graced by the presence of so many amazing women. My great grandmothers were both strong women. They had tough lives, but made it through with grace and perseverance. Both so different, but with qualities that made them so much alike. Strength, intelligence and kindness. The same goes for my grandmothers. One worked in a garment factory and the other had a restaurant. Both worked from sun up to sundown and still managed to raise their families with the same qualities that they learned from the great women in their lives.

My mama followed in their footsteps. An amazing and kindhearted woman! So loving. A great sense of humor. She has worked hard her entire life. Owning and running a florist business. Still managing to keep us all in check, and run a household. She did it all! She has passed down her values to me and my sister, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. AND she still runs circles around me! :)

My mother in law was also a wonderful woman! She was smart, funny, loving and hardworking. A joy to be around! Sadly we lost her a few years back, but her spirit is always with us. I learned so much from her! I miss her so much!

My sister is one of the strongest women that I have ever known. She has gone through so much, but has come out even stronger. Always kind. Patient. Generous. And above all, she keeps a sense of humor! No doubt, her children and grandchildren will follow in her footsteps.

Today is International Women's Day. Equality matters!

Sending love to all of the amazing women in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment